Air tracks are inflatable mats that are also known as tumbling beds or landing surfaces specifically for gymnasts, cheerleaders as well as parkour enthusiasts. The air track mat is inflatable and shape like long narrow rectangles. Its sizes can be from three feet wide and up to twenty feet long. More versatile than tumbling mats or trampolines, air tracks offer a springy surface and give a safe and steady landing. They can be used for more than tumbling and when not in use, they can be deflated and rolled up for compact storage. This is good for those with limited storage space.
What are air tracks used for?
Air tracks are a versatile training tool that is used in a range of sports that require soft, well-planted landing and high takeoffs. These air tracks are great for any types of balance workout or activity by gymnasts, martial artists, cheerleaders, yogis, dancers and obstacle course enthusiasts. They can be used indoors or outdoor on grassy areas. Below is a list of people who will benefit from using air tracks.
The air track mats are particularly helpful for gymnasts to develop their skills, strengths and gain confidence. Some of these skills are include balance, strength and acrobatics. More advanced gymnasts use the mats to spice up their routines and challenge themselves to new limits.
Cheerleading is an amazing sport that focus on building strength, confidence, and learning to work as a team. They practice their routines for months trying to perfect their moves like dancing, balancing, jumping, tumbling and cartwheels. In order to complete the stunts, cheerleaders are required to develop balanced strength in their legs, core and upper body. As a matter of fact, cheerleading is an intense workout for the whole body thus, exercises done on the mat can help build strength, support skills and confidence during a performance. It also enable them to perfect their tricks in less time and with more confidence.
There is a long list of sports under martial arts and the more popular ones are Karate, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Jujitsu, Judo, Kung Fu, Hapkido, Capoeira and more. They do not need many equipment to practice but it is important to have a good surface for ankle and feet stability training, repetitive kick training or strength. The different types of flooring for martial arts depend on the characteristics of each of these sports. Most martial artists practice on padded floors and as these are high impact sports where the athletes are often thrown or rolled on the floor, it is rather dangerous to practice on hard floors. This is where air tracks come in. They provide a firm, sure footed surface and safe padding for maximum energy absorption. By using air tracks, martial artists can learn to improve their balance, speed, agility and endurance in a safer and more fun ways that the traditional mats.
Parkour is an extreme sport that involve running normally, on all fours, doing jumps and landing on the shoulder and doing different spins and vaults. The mission of the practitioners is to get from point A to point B in the quickest and most efficient way possible without the use of equipment. Practicing on air track mats are helpful for the parkourists to learn balancing and coordination, practicing jumps, rolls and building strength.
Freerunning is another sport like parkour that involves high intensity moves. This sports’ idea and movement are similar to parkour. Freerunners can also benefit from using air tracks to learn the key skills they need for their adrenaline performance.
Benefits of Air Tracks
- An air track is lightweight and portable, making it easy to be moved around as required at home or at the gym compared to padded mats.
- They offer excellent support, bounce, and rebound for gymnasts and sports enthusiasts to practice leaps and jumps.
- Gymnasts often hurt their ankles, wrists and knee joints during practice. Air tracks offer a low impact landing surface and can help to minimize the chances of injuries.
- Strong leg muscles are needed for doing stunts like jumping, lifting or other cheerleading moves. By using the air tracks, it helps to reduce the impact on knees and ankles while helping to strengthen legs.
- With air track mats, users can get a comfortable workout experience with full concentration without any fear for getting hurt. It is important for an athlete to concentrate on their workout and air track mats offer a peace of mind so that can fully concentrate without worrying about injuring themselves.
- Made from quality material, air tracks are bouncier and improve height. They can also help to users to learn new skills and tricks such as jumps, flips, somersaults, backward or forward rolls, handstands and other demanding moves.
- Easy to inflate with electric pumps and deflate easily for easy and convenient storage
Ready to buy an air track? Head over the Kameymall, a leading online shopping platform with a huge selection of quality products at competitive prices. Their range of air track mats are durable, long lasting and safe for home and commercial use.